Tuesday 11 October 2011

Latest Advice on Statement to Employer

Latest Advice on Statement to Employer

Dear Members,

Please note the latest advice below from our UCU Officials. This gives you the appropriate wording to assist you in responding to the employer, AFTER the action has started, i.e. after yesterday, 10th October, 2011.

The advice makes reference to the fact that ONCE industrial action has begun, ie after today, if members are asked about their participation in 'action short of strike action' they should quote the statement on our website:

I confirm that I am participating in current industrial action organised by UCU, in the form of ‘working to contract’. UCU advises me that because I am fulfilling all reasonable contractual duties, the employer should not make any unauthorised deductions from my salary.

I hope this clarifies matters.

No comments: